First off all what are varicose veins? To help the problem you have understand where it comes from before we create essential oils for varicose veins. Varicose veins are veins that are twisted under the skin surface. Most of the time their swollen and usually developed in the leg(s) area. It can also be created in the other parts of the body, but it’s less likely and more seen in the lower body area.
What causes varicose veins or who has a higher chance?
Varicose veins are caused by:
– Aged people: with a higher age you veins lose elasticity causing them to stretch. With the weaker valves blood flows backwards instead of to the heart. Veins enlarge and blood pools and becomes varicose. The blue color is due the deoxygenated blood.
– Pregnant people: when your pregnant you have more chance of developing varicose veins. Because the pregnancy the blood production is higher with less flow from legs to pelvis. Hormones change may play a role during the pregnancy period. Varicose veins formed during pregnancy disappears normally without treatment within 1-3 months after baby delivery.
– Lack exercise: body exercise or body exercise around the varicose veins
Other ways to develop the veins:
– Long standing job (you stand more than 6-8hours or more)
– Poor food intake (especially fastfood)
There is also a chance that it runs in your family. You should check that and visit a doctor. He usually can see (local data) if related family members also have varicose veins. Most of the time doctors give a cream to relieve the symptoms. But we are here to see what we can do the natural way. If you already use it you should definitely give essential oils a go.
How can we prevent varicose veins?
There are a few ways to prevent to get varicose veins. Here is a list that can help you
- Crossing legs. Do NOT cross your legs while you are sitting on a chair. This can create pressure against the veins and develop varicose veins.
- Get your nutrition on a good level by eating anti-flammatory foods. Few examples are ginger, tumeric, olive oil, broccoli or blueberries.
- Relax with your feet elevated from time to time. Due deskjobs or even sitting on the couche every day the veins are fighting gravity.
How can Essential oils help varicose veins or relieve the symptoms?
We can mix several essential oils to create blends that can help varicose blends.How to get rid of varicose veins? These essential oils for varicose veins are pure to enlighten or get you – usually pain symptoms – relieved.
Recipe 1. Feet Bath Massage
This recipe is based on a foot bath combination with essential oils. Fill a bowl with the size of your feet (or where your veins are) with cold water. This can be accomplished faster with ice cubes. Next up fill a bowl with extra warm or hot water( you need it 5 minutes after the usage of the cold water). Take the cold water bowl and add 3 drops of lavender essential oil. The same can be done with the hot water one, only now add 3 drops of Geranium essential oil.
How to use:
- Put your feet for five minutes in the cold water bowl. This will constrict the blood vessels in your leg.
- After that put your feet in the hot water. This also can be done with the length of five minutes. The effect of the hot water will be dilating the vessels.
- Optional: add a leg massage to this for better stimulate the circulation.
Recipe 2. Geranium Neroli Massage
This recipe is a pure massage essential oil blend for varicose veins.
What do you need:
4 teaspoons of carrier oil (can be coconut, jojoba or any other what you have at home)
10 drops of neroli
10 drops of geranium oil
5 drops cypress
How to use:
Take a bottle or jar of glass.(30ml or bigger)
Mix up the ingredient list above and put it in the jar.
Take about 0.5 – 1 teaspoon created oil and massage your legs. The amount varies how big your varicose veins are. The massage can be done twice a day morning and night. Use this essential oils for varicose veins only with a nice spread out the day – lets say 7AM and 8PM. Why? Otherwise you would use it to often and cause painful varicose veins.
Start at the ankles and stroke upward (to the heart). Don’t directly touch the varicose veins, because they are really sensitive. Do it on each side of the veins. After the massage elevate the legs to rest.
Recipe 3. Yarrow Massage
Yarrow essential oils has special properties for healing your veins. It stimulates the circulation and increases blood flow. In a longer period it has a good effect on varicose veins.
Carrier oil – FCO (coconut oil) (any other carrier oil is also ok)
4 drops of yarrow essential oils
How to use:
Mix up the oils for like 3 minutes. Take the blend and start massaging from the bottom of your feet upwards to the heart. Don’t touch the veins. Always massage from the left and right of the veins. Repeat 2-3 times a day. What you prefer. After the massage is done elevate the legs and relax for about 10-20 minutes.
Recipe 4. Geranium Cypress Peppermint Lemon Massage
This recipe is special aimed to restoring and preventing varicose veins.
What do you need:
Take 2 tablespoons carrier oil (FCO)
10 drops of Geranium essential oil 10 drops and Cypress essential oil.
5 drops Peppermint oil and 5 drops Lemon oil.
How to use:
Take a glass bowl and mix up the ingredients to get a nice blend. After the good mixture you can massage like the other massage recipes. From the feet up toward the heart. Don’t touch the veins directly, this wil get it irritated. Gently massage to the side of the veins to loosen it up. Done with the massage? Elevating your legs will encourage the blood circulation.
Recipe 5. Hyssop Massage Blend
This blend will heal the veins during daytime and nighttime. Therefore you need 2 different blends. Store them both in a bottle (30ml) and take if you can a glass one. Essential oils that is good for varicose veins are usually massage blends and with Hyssop you can see if its working for you.
What we need with almost every blend is Cypress. Take 15 drops of Cypress and mix it up with 2 tablespoons FCO carrier oil. Add 5 drops of Hyssop essential oil and 10 drops of Geranium. Mix it up for like 2-3 minutes. This is the daytime blend.
For the nighttime blend you need a special essential oil. Parsley essential oil. We going to mix up 30 drops of parsley oil with a good 2-3 tablespoons carrier oil (FCO). Mix the parsley up. This the night time blend.
Both can be used to massage the legs towards the heart. Do this next to the veins left and right.
Recipe 6. Budget Massage Blend
Mix up this essential oils for varicose veins in a glass bowl.
- 30 drops of Cypress oil
- 20 drops of Lavender oil
- 10 drops of Lemon oil
- 20 drops of Lemongrass
- 60 ml FCO (fractionated coconut oil)
The total cost for the whole recipe is less than 15 dollar. Just apply the mixture on the veins by lightly massaging the area twice a day. Morning and night time can be done for the first month so the body can get used to it. After you get the symptoms under control you can lower the amount to once a day. This essential oils for varicose veins will last for about 7-8 months of usage.
The most common relieve are pain and aching. Sleeping with the veins also is a lot relaxing without having to change positions the whole night. Sitting long on one position also gives you aching ( like at the cinema, traveling or long distance driving with the car) but with this you will get relieve.
This is a list of essential oils that encourages blood circulation, healing the veins:
Helichrysum (a bit more expensive than normal. But gold
And here is a list with natural remedies for inflammation. Add these oils (1-2 oils) if you have problems like swollen ankles, spasm, etc:
Eat healthy and avoid constipation.
With these recipes you can try a lot at home yourself and create a natural remedie to get rid or relieve your varicose veins. Try things out and see whats works for you. It will depend on what you prefer and how much time you have to massage the blends on your legs. With a lot of working people the only time they got is in the morning or in the evening when they get back at home. Spread the word and lets get rid of the pain the natural way with essential oils varicose veins treatment. This all can be done before taking the leep to the medical world where sclerotherapy for varicose veins is a common solution or even varicose veins surgery.
What essential oils are good for snoring?
Do you have a partner that snores every night? I bet it drives you crazy. Quality sleep aka REM sleep is really important these days to be fit and healthy the next day. If you don’t get enough sleep you are more susceptible for getting ill, depression or even get your mood down going to the gym for losing weight.
There are several solutions I’m going to discuss about. First off all were going the natural way home remedy for snoring. We don’t want to use medicines or drug your husband or wife here(or your neighbor if it’s really loud in a flat). Natural cure snoring will also be better for long term. So what options are we talking about? Did you try putting the person in a different position? This helps maybe 50% of the times when somebody snores. With this you can easily prevent the problem. Still no luck? Let’s find you a good night sleep!
Essential oils for snoring
Essential oils is the best option here if you want the most natural way to reduce the problem. It depends on the person if it’s going to disappear completely, but that’s why you here. So we try to the best possible solution. There is also an option for Herbal remedies for snoring but thats not what were going to talk about today. We focus on our EO.
From the stats at least forty percent of the men and twenty-five percent of woman over the age of 65 snores. Not only older people but younger ones also have this problem. It’s important to get to the roots of what’s causing the snoring to reduce or completely eliminate this. Using essential oils is a tryout what’s works best individually and stops your person from snoring and you’d be shocked with the result!
Snoring relief using Thyme Essential oil
Number one essential oil is thyme essential oil also known as Thymus Vulgaris. This not only helps for snoring but also for improving the immune system,muscles and joins, spasms, removing toxic from the body. Mix thyme essential oil with a carrier oil(MUST) like FCO(Fractionated Coconut Oil). Just apply this blend at the bottom of the big toe(2 drops) repeating it every night before sleep. This is known as a reflex area for the neck as described in the reflexology charts. So it is actually the best spot to get rid of snoring. Other option is to diffuse the oil in the air. The best time to start the diffuser is about an half hour before sleep. This will be enough to prepair the room for sleep and easy breathing. For some people the scent only is strong(high concentration oils are used here) then other oil blends can be used like RC from YoungLiving or Breathe from doTerra.
Valor Essential oil for snoring
Ingredients of this oil, actually a combination of Rosewood oil, Frankincense oil and Blue Tansy oil is to get a well balanced oil to use it for multiple body health benefits. It’s known for an superfresh aftershave, but also keeps you calm at the same time. Gets you out of anxiety, depression, joint pain and balance your energy. So how can we use this for our snoring partner? This is where the ‘calm’ parts jumps in. Just apply this to the base of the right big toe(2 drops) to get a super relaxed night sleep. Still amazing how these oils can get you in great shape and heal your life, you just have to let them in and start using them!
Essential oils for snoring recipes
So you tried the above essential oils to cure snoring and got no luck? Lets make some oil recipes to see if this helps you get rid of the snoring train. These recipes are sort by light to heavy snoring (except 4 and 5)
This one is for a beginner snoring person. When it’s not as much noise but still keeps you awake.
Mix 2 drops of Breathe doTerra (Respiratory blend) with a FCO (Fractionated Coconut Oil)carrier oil. Rub this mix on the chest.
This recipe is more for a snoring person thats been doing for years and within 10 minutes off sleep( if you know what i mean). Easy snoring person and kind off annoying.
Take 2 drops of Respiratory Blend with FCO (Fractionated Coconut Oil)carrier oil. Rub this on the chest. Now take 2 drops of an protective blend like ON GUARD doTerra, put this in a half cup of water. Put this in your mouth and gargle just like your brushing your teeth. Spit it out. Do this all before going to bed, like said after brushing your teeth.
HEAVY TRAIN snoring person recipe. This one is a heavy mix and should be used with caution if nothing else works!
At bedtime take 1 drop of Cypress oil and mix it up with 2 drops of FCO (Fractionated Coconut Oil) carrier oil. Like the other methods do not rub this on the chest, but on the throat. Next take 1 drop of Thyme Essential oil and mix it up with 4 drops of FCO. This one goes to the feets big toe. As extra use a diffuser with Marjoram essential oil for snoring in the bedroom ( best place is next to the bed)
2 drops of R.C. – Rub this on the chest
2 drops of Valor & Cedarwood – Rub this on the big toe before falling asleep. If Cedarwood is not avaiable in your stock, then you can replace it with Lavender essential oil. This essential oils for snoring will also work great with that.
Not really an recipe but can work if nothing works for you. Just use essential oils for snoring doTerra.
Peace and Calming Essential oils in the diffuser at your bedroom before sleep.
Conclusion – Do essential oils work for snoring?
82% of the people using essential oils for snoring gets results or even snore no more. Now you can get a good night off sleep. First experiment which method works. I bet you never thought there were that many options huh? And that without use of any medicine, just the home remedy of snoring. These methods also work without a problem for essential oils for snoring and sleep apnea. This has to do with the calming effect off almost every blend. Hope you get a little bit of relief with essential oils now! Sleep thight!
How To Make Essential Oils
You have heard about the healing properties of essential oils but what are they composed of? Essential Oils are composed of natural plant extracts and organic compounds like esters and alcohol. How To Make Essential Oils?
These oils can be prepared at home following simple methods and on a large scale for business purpose also. When choosing the raw materials for these essential oils like wild flowers, care should be that to check that these flowers should not be exposed to harmful chemicals or pesticides. This would create problem when the essential oils are being made. The flowers need to be picked when they are mature and handled with care. This flower oil can be used for several different purposes like skincare, health benefits to get you relaxed or even things where the medical world struggles with, snoring from your partner. If the medical world doesn’t help you can always try the natural way with the oils. Due the 100% organic state of the ingredients used for creating the oils there is a much higher chance (actually I prefer this) of helping your problem. Sometimes doctors don’t have answers and you have to move to other methods like aromatherapy or acupuncture. So lets dive into the first one aromatherapy!
What are the different methods used to create these essential oils?
When essential oils are made one has to consider various factors like the plant from which it is extracted, the expenses used in the extraction of essential oils and what level of extraction is undertaken. The basic methods to extract these oils from a plant or herb are:
1. Creating oils from pressing nuts and seeds
One of the most traditional methods of essential oil extraction involves pressing nuts, seeds and even lemon rinds of plant and extracting oil from them. Various types of pressing are used which are:
• Essential Oils extracted from cold presses
In this method the plant is cut into small portions and pressed against a steel roller which is about 5 inches long. Then the crushed plant material is placed for seven minutes in a controlled temperature of atmospheric pressure measuring around 300 degrees. The pressure amount produces heat and this helps in creating the essence oils. This method of extracting essence oil is more expensive than the others listed here.
• Essence Oils extracted from the application of hot pressures
Here the plants are laid down and hot presses are undertaken involving as much as fifteen tons of pressure over an area of square inch. The temperature used in this hot pressure method is within 65 degree centigrade to 150 degree centigrade.
• In this method of how to make essential oils the procedure involves fatty acid being absorbed into the essential oils. Enfleurage method is used to extract essence oils from soft flowers like lavender flowers or rose petals. These flowers or petals are placed in special glass dish which has the presence of purified fat. In traditional times the plant materials were placed in pure lard every seventy two hours and the process is continued until the lard would get saturated with the essential oil. The prepared mixture is called pomade. This essential oils from a plant has really good health benefits to boost your metabolism and body balance.
• The pomade is then mixed with oil. The result is that the lard settles in the bottom of the vessel and the essential oil gets mixed with alcohol which acts like a solvent. The solvent is then heated over a low flame and the essential oils are accumulated in a collecting vessel.
• Using the distillation process the alcohol is separated from the essential oil.
The Enfleurage is considered one of the most appropriate methods for essence oil extraction and the quality of the extracted is very good. Jasmine and Rose oil is extracted with this method.
In this method the plant extract from where oil is to be extracted is soaked in oil. This method would take many months to complete and this would depend on the degree of concentration of extraction oil is needed. You can use this method in your home to extract oil and use it abundantly.
4. Distillation of essential oils
When you want to learn how to make essential oils for eucalyptus oil, then this method is used. The basic steps used in the distillation process are:
• The plant material is steamed and the oil evaporates with the steam.
• When the steam is converted to water after cooling down, this it is collected in a vessel. Then the water collected contains essential oil which is present on the top of the water. These essential oils are removed from water and then stored in small containers.
5. Creating essential oils by the ancient separation of oils from heat
In this method the plant materials are kept in a heat proof container and then put over a water bath. The constant presence of low heat makes the plant material to give the essence oils on a steady basis. Then the extracted oil is placed in a new container. The process continues for hours till you get the quantity of essence oil you need. This method is used to extract oils like turpentine oil.
When you buy essential oils they are very expensive and cost a bomb for a small bottle. You can stop spending your money on them and learn How To Make Essential Oils at home. The process to create these essential oils is very simple. You can later incorporate these oils into your daily soap and candles and gift them to your friends. Your friends would relish these personalized little gifts and would want to learn the method from you.
What are the basic steps to make these essential oils at home?
1. The first step in how to make these essential oils is to choose the flower from where you want to extract the essence oil. You can choose from a variety of flowers like rose, honey suckle and the fragment lavender.
2. Now you need to choose an oil base for your essence oil creation. A simple grape seed oil would suit your purpose well.
3. The other things that you need to keep ready before you start to make your oil at home are small clean bottles to store the finished essential oil, a cheesecloth, funnel, storage bag and a mallet.
4. Now take the picked flowers and place them in a storage bag. In order to mash the flowers, use a mallet and smash the flowers lightly. Do not smash the flowers heavily or else there would be no oil to be extracted.
5. Place the cheesecloth over an empty glass container. Now place the mashed flowers over the cloth and then gently pour the grape seed oil over it.
6. For the next few days take a batch of freshly picked flowers that have been mashed and then add the grape seed oil over them.
7. After four or five days the essential oils would have collected on the bottom of the jar and you can store it in a fresh container.
8. You can store the essential oil or a day or two and use it. If you want to add it in your soap, you can create soaps at home and add a few drops of essential oil in it.
What are the advantages of using this essential oil?
When you create Lavender or Tea Tree oil at home you enjoy these benefits which are:
• Lavender Essence Oil Benefits
1. Removes stress and anxiety from your body.
2. Helps you to sleep.
3. Relieves paints of your joints.
4. Keeps your scalp and skin free from lice.
5. Regulates your blood circulation.
6. Quickly solves respiratory problems.
• Tea Tree Oil
1. It can be used on your feet and has anti fungal features.
2. Can be used as an antiseptic for creams and burns.
3. Clears chest congestion.
4. Treats sinus problem quickly
5. Cures dandruff problems in hair.
When you take time and learn how to make these essential oils at home you save a lot of money. If you love making them you can start a small home based business and you would have large customers coming to you in no time. You can also get into an affiliate program of the bigger brands if you don’t like to create your own goods. The benefit from this is that you get a small commission if you sell one bottle. Great thing to sell to your aunt huh? And they don’t even lose money on you.
If you created several oils at home you can make your own recipes for different purposes. Skincare, health balance or just to relax, everything is possible with essential oils. Usually where doctors stop the natural path continues with home remedies. One of them are these beloved oils to enrich your life. Use them with care, because the oils are highly concentrated, especially if you buy them (for the lazy people). After all im encouraging to produce it at your own windowsill with benefits that there is absolutely no chemicals and bad things involved.