Eczema is a dry skin problem. It is considered to be the most common skin problem. Eczema refers to several persistent skin problems. These problems need to have at least one of these symptoms to be categorized as eczema: redness, swelling, itching and dryness, crusting, flaking, blistering, cracking, oozing, or bleeding.
Why use essential oils for eczema?
Eczema has always been a very difficult skin problem to treat. Some might recommend steroid creams, but those won’t be helping if you’re thinking about a long-term solution. If you are running out of options, essential oils for eczema will be perfect for you, because eczema basically is the result lacking the ability of producing enough oil oil to keep your skin flexible and keep bactieria from getting in. Here are some of the best oils to help your skin.
1. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is a very esential oil. This oil can be used for many things, and eczema is one of them. If you apply a thin layer of coconut oil on your irritated skin, it will help sooth the itching. But, do not use coconut oil if you are allergic or intolerant to coconut!
2. Almond Oil
This is another excellent oil to use for your skin. Almond oil nourishes dry skin, and it also helps against the itching of your skin caused by eczema. Almond Oil is also the most used carrier oil, because it’s available everywhere and it’s very light.
3. Apricot Kernel Oil
Apricot Kernel Oil is very similar to Almond Oil in terms of chemistry. Apricot Kernel Oil can be absorbed by skin with ease, and also helps with the itching symptoms of eczema. This oil is slightly less used than almond oil, since the price is a bit more expensive.
4. Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil’s molecular structure is very similar to a sebum, an oil that is produced by humans to keep their skin moist. This is why Jojoba oil is easily absorbed by your skin and doesn’t feel greasy. This oil is mostly used on dry skin, therefore also helping for eczema.
5. Evening Primrose Oil
Evening Primrose Oil is said to be helpful for eczema and even thought to be helpful for wound healing. This oil is rich in a certain type of acid, which is used to repair and maintain skin tissue.
6. Cumin Seed Oil
Although this oil is mostly used for cooking, it also has multiple cosmetic benefits and is said to be helpful for eczema and many other skin problems.
7. Calendula Oil
If you use the orane petals of the calendula to extract the properties of another vegetable oil, you get calendula oil. This oil is used to treat cuts, bruises, dry skin and eczema.
8. Melrose Essential Oil
Melrose Essential Oil is a combination of several essential oils. But it is that exact combination that gives Melrose essential oil very supportive properties for the skin. It is known for it to be a very strong skin tissue regenerator, and therefore Melrose Essential Oil is perfect for skin problems.
If you have a skin problem and don’t know for sure what it is, please go to a doctor. Do not think about experimenting with these oils by yourself. If a serious eczema problem is left unchecked, it might give you a deadly infection. So I repeat, please go see a doctor first, before trying anything by yourself. Also do not use these essential oils for eczema if you don’t know for sure if your skin can handle them. It will cause an even worse skin condition if you use an essential oil on your skin, while you are allergic to it.
So there you have it. These are a few of the most useful essential oils for eczema, and these will certainly help you out if steroid creams don’t work anymore. You can use any of these oils for eczema for your skin without worrying, because it won’t harm your skin in any way. (Unless you are allergic or intolerant to oils)
What essential oils are good for snoring?
Do you have a partner that snores every night? I bet it drives you crazy. Quality sleep aka REM sleep is really important these days to be fit and healthy the next day. If you don’t get enough sleep you are more susceptible for getting ill, depression or even get your mood down going to the gym for losing weight.
There are several solutions I’m going to discuss about. First off all were going the natural way home remedy for snoring. We don’t want to use medicines or drug your husband or wife here(or your neighbor if it’s really loud in a flat). Natural cure snoring will also be better for long term. So what options are we talking about? Did you try putting the person in a different position? This helps maybe 50% of the times when somebody snores. With this you can easily prevent the problem. Still no luck? Let’s find you a good night sleep!
Essential oils for snoring
Essential oils is the best option here if you want the most natural way to reduce the problem. It depends on the person if it’s going to disappear completely, but that’s why you here. So we try to the best possible solution. There is also an option for Herbal remedies for snoring but thats not what were going to talk about today. We focus on our EO.
From the stats at least forty percent of the men and twenty-five percent of woman over the age of 65 snores. Not only older people but younger ones also have this problem. It’s important to get to the roots of what’s causing the snoring to reduce or completely eliminate this. Using essential oils is a tryout what’s works best individually and stops your person from snoring and you’d be shocked with the result!
Snoring relief using Thyme Essential oil
Number one essential oil is thyme essential oil also known as Thymus Vulgaris. This not only helps for snoring but also for improving the immune system,muscles and joins, spasms, removing toxic from the body. Mix thyme essential oil with a carrier oil(MUST) like FCO(Fractionated Coconut Oil). Just apply this blend at the bottom of the big toe(2 drops) repeating it every night before sleep. This is known as a reflex area for the neck as described in the reflexology charts. So it is actually the best spot to get rid of snoring. Other option is to diffuse the oil in the air. The best time to start the diffuser is about an half hour before sleep. This will be enough to prepair the room for sleep and easy breathing. For some people the scent only is strong(high concentration oils are used here) then other oil blends can be used like RC from YoungLiving or Breathe from doTerra.
Valor Essential oil for snoring
Ingredients of this oil, actually a combination of Rosewood oil, Frankincense oil and Blue Tansy oil is to get a well balanced oil to use it for multiple body health benefits. It’s known for an superfresh aftershave, but also keeps you calm at the same time. Gets you out of anxiety, depression, joint pain and balance your energy. So how can we use this for our snoring partner? This is where the ‘calm’ parts jumps in. Just apply this to the base of the right big toe(2 drops) to get a super relaxed night sleep. Still amazing how these oils can get you in great shape and heal your life, you just have to let them in and start using them!
Essential oils for snoring recipes
So you tried the above essential oils to cure snoring and got no luck? Lets make some oil recipes to see if this helps you get rid of the snoring train. These recipes are sort by light to heavy snoring (except 4 and 5)
This one is for a beginner snoring person. When it’s not as much noise but still keeps you awake.
Mix 2 drops of Breathe doTerra (Respiratory blend) with a FCO (Fractionated Coconut Oil)carrier oil. Rub this mix on the chest.
This recipe is more for a snoring person thats been doing for years and within 10 minutes off sleep( if you know what i mean). Easy snoring person and kind off annoying.
Take 2 drops of Respiratory Blend with FCO (Fractionated Coconut Oil)carrier oil. Rub this on the chest. Now take 2 drops of an protective blend like ON GUARD doTerra, put this in a half cup of water. Put this in your mouth and gargle just like your brushing your teeth. Spit it out. Do this all before going to bed, like said after brushing your teeth.
HEAVY TRAIN snoring person recipe. This one is a heavy mix and should be used with caution if nothing else works!
At bedtime take 1 drop of Cypress oil and mix it up with 2 drops of FCO (Fractionated Coconut Oil) carrier oil. Like the other methods do not rub this on the chest, but on the throat. Next take 1 drop of Thyme Essential oil and mix it up with 4 drops of FCO. This one goes to the feets big toe. As extra use a diffuser with Marjoram essential oil for snoring in the bedroom ( best place is next to the bed)
2 drops of R.C. – Rub this on the chest
2 drops of Valor & Cedarwood – Rub this on the big toe before falling asleep. If Cedarwood is not avaiable in your stock, then you can replace it with Lavender essential oil. This essential oils for snoring will also work great with that.
Not really an recipe but can work if nothing works for you. Just use essential oils for snoring doTerra.
Peace and Calming Essential oils in the diffuser at your bedroom before sleep.
Conclusion – Do essential oils work for snoring?
82% of the people using essential oils for snoring gets results or even snore no more. Now you can get a good night off sleep. First experiment which method works. I bet you never thought there were that many options huh? And that without use of any medicine, just the home remedy of snoring. These methods also work without a problem for essential oils for snoring and sleep apnea. This has to do with the calming effect off almost every blend. Hope you get a little bit of relief with essential oils now! Sleep thight!
Rosemary essential oils, some of you have heard of it some of you don’t. Today i’m going to talk about how to create this essential oils from rosemary leaves.
Why do I need to make rosemary essential oils?
Rosemary has multiple health and mental benefits. It can be used as an ingredient in shampoos and other hair repair products for improvement of the growth and strength of your hair. For oral use its also a disinfecting mouthwash. If you have a bad smelly room then one spray of rosemary essential oils mixed with water can take away the smells. As aromatherapy, rosemary essential oils can increase concentration and give you a mental energy boost. It also relieves breathing problems and reduces muscle soreness and pain. Ofcourse it’s a lot cheaper if you know how to make rosemary essential oil yourself than spending a lot money at the shop. The only thing you need are the fresh ingredients. Try to go for 100% organic (you can get this at your local store).
What do I need to get started?
You will need fresh rosemary leaves, a pair of glass jars or bottles to store the rosemary essential oil. Sieve for washing the leaves. Pure olive oil to create high quality oil. A sieve to catch the extracted leaves. If you don’t have one of the above items use a similar item to achieve te same. Try to improve things with items you already have ( thats why we do it ourself) so you do not have to buy new equipment.
Steps how to create your own rosemary essential oil:
- First of all cut the fresh rosemary leaves and drop it in a colander. After you have a handful of leaves in the colander wash it with water and let it dry for at least 3 hours.
- After it’s dried up(check first if they are drie, otherwise let it dry in the sun) put the rosemary in the glass jar or bottle. Drying is very important, otherwise you get a mixture of water and oil that degrades
- Now put the olive oil in the jar. It has to cover up all the leaves plus a bit extra. Place a lid on the jar and put this on your windowsill to catch sunlight. Leave it there for 3 days.
- Give it a good shake every 6-9 hours to create high quality essential oil.
- After 3 days take a second jar and pick up a sieve. Put fresh leaves in the second jar and put the sieve on the top of the jar. Poor everything for the first jar into the second jar(squeeze the sieves rosemary leaves to get every extra oil drop.
- Now let the jar at the windowsill and give it a shake every 6-9 hours 3 days long.
- You can do the steps one more time to create more concentrated oil, but for main purpose its good.
- Your jar of rosemary essential oils is ready and can be used! Keep the lid of the jar closed thightly and store this in a dark and cool room.
We know now how to make rosemary essential oil, but how do I use it?
As stated before there is a whole list how you can use the oil properly. We will go through a short list how we can use the oils to increase your body balance or boost metabolism.
Caution: Avoid during pregnancy, high blood pressure or epilepsy. Keep out of ears, eyes or nose.
Aromatherapy – Diffused or inhaled directly.
Topical – Use it to apply on the skin with a primer oil, such as coconut oil. 1 drop to max 3 teaspoons.
Internal – CAUTION *Not recommended for most brands.
Neat – Apply the rosemary essential oil without dilution to the skin directly. Test your skin first to see the reaction ( sensitive skin types)
Bath – U can add 2 drops to your bath water of rosemary essential oils. This will get you relaxed and feeds the skin.
Body – Use it as body moisturizer
Massage – The oil can be used as massage oil( on special occasions)
Food – Use it in your food to flavor it. Don’t use to much due the high concentrated oil.
A complete list how to use it 50+ ways
Photo: © Tony Alter
How To Make Essential Oils
You have heard about the healing properties of essential oils but what are they composed of? Essential Oils are composed of natural plant extracts and organic compounds like esters and alcohol. How To Make Essential Oils?
These oils can be prepared at home following simple methods and on a large scale for business purpose also. When choosing the raw materials for these essential oils like wild flowers, care should be that to check that these flowers should not be exposed to harmful chemicals or pesticides. This would create problem when the essential oils are being made. The flowers need to be picked when they are mature and handled with care. This flower oil can be used for several different purposes like skincare, health benefits to get you relaxed or even things where the medical world struggles with, snoring from your partner. If the medical world doesn’t help you can always try the natural way with the oils. Due the 100% organic state of the ingredients used for creating the oils there is a much higher chance (actually I prefer this) of helping your problem. Sometimes doctors don’t have answers and you have to move to other methods like aromatherapy or acupuncture. So lets dive into the first one aromatherapy!
What are the different methods used to create these essential oils?
When essential oils are made one has to consider various factors like the plant from which it is extracted, the expenses used in the extraction of essential oils and what level of extraction is undertaken. The basic methods to extract these oils from a plant or herb are:
1. Creating oils from pressing nuts and seeds
One of the most traditional methods of essential oil extraction involves pressing nuts, seeds and even lemon rinds of plant and extracting oil from them. Various types of pressing are used which are:
• Essential Oils extracted from cold presses
In this method the plant is cut into small portions and pressed against a steel roller which is about 5 inches long. Then the crushed plant material is placed for seven minutes in a controlled temperature of atmospheric pressure measuring around 300 degrees. The pressure amount produces heat and this helps in creating the essence oils. This method of extracting essence oil is more expensive than the others listed here.
• Essence Oils extracted from the application of hot pressures
Here the plants are laid down and hot presses are undertaken involving as much as fifteen tons of pressure over an area of square inch. The temperature used in this hot pressure method is within 65 degree centigrade to 150 degree centigrade.
• In this method of how to make essential oils the procedure involves fatty acid being absorbed into the essential oils. Enfleurage method is used to extract essence oils from soft flowers like lavender flowers or rose petals. These flowers or petals are placed in special glass dish which has the presence of purified fat. In traditional times the plant materials were placed in pure lard every seventy two hours and the process is continued until the lard would get saturated with the essential oil. The prepared mixture is called pomade. This essential oils from a plant has really good health benefits to boost your metabolism and body balance.
• The pomade is then mixed with oil. The result is that the lard settles in the bottom of the vessel and the essential oil gets mixed with alcohol which acts like a solvent. The solvent is then heated over a low flame and the essential oils are accumulated in a collecting vessel.
• Using the distillation process the alcohol is separated from the essential oil.
The Enfleurage is considered one of the most appropriate methods for essence oil extraction and the quality of the extracted is very good. Jasmine and Rose oil is extracted with this method.
In this method the plant extract from where oil is to be extracted is soaked in oil. This method would take many months to complete and this would depend on the degree of concentration of extraction oil is needed. You can use this method in your home to extract oil and use it abundantly.
4. Distillation of essential oils
When you want to learn how to make essential oils for eucalyptus oil, then this method is used. The basic steps used in the distillation process are:
• The plant material is steamed and the oil evaporates with the steam.
• When the steam is converted to water after cooling down, this it is collected in a vessel. Then the water collected contains essential oil which is present on the top of the water. These essential oils are removed from water and then stored in small containers.
5. Creating essential oils by the ancient separation of oils from heat
In this method the plant materials are kept in a heat proof container and then put over a water bath. The constant presence of low heat makes the plant material to give the essence oils on a steady basis. Then the extracted oil is placed in a new container. The process continues for hours till you get the quantity of essence oil you need. This method is used to extract oils like turpentine oil.
When you buy essential oils they are very expensive and cost a bomb for a small bottle. You can stop spending your money on them and learn How To Make Essential Oils at home. The process to create these essential oils is very simple. You can later incorporate these oils into your daily soap and candles and gift them to your friends. Your friends would relish these personalized little gifts and would want to learn the method from you.
What are the basic steps to make these essential oils at home?
1. The first step in how to make these essential oils is to choose the flower from where you want to extract the essence oil. You can choose from a variety of flowers like rose, honey suckle and the fragment lavender.
2. Now you need to choose an oil base for your essence oil creation. A simple grape seed oil would suit your purpose well.
3. The other things that you need to keep ready before you start to make your oil at home are small clean bottles to store the finished essential oil, a cheesecloth, funnel, storage bag and a mallet.
4. Now take the picked flowers and place them in a storage bag. In order to mash the flowers, use a mallet and smash the flowers lightly. Do not smash the flowers heavily or else there would be no oil to be extracted.
5. Place the cheesecloth over an empty glass container. Now place the mashed flowers over the cloth and then gently pour the grape seed oil over it.
6. For the next few days take a batch of freshly picked flowers that have been mashed and then add the grape seed oil over them.
7. After four or five days the essential oils would have collected on the bottom of the jar and you can store it in a fresh container.
8. You can store the essential oil or a day or two and use it. If you want to add it in your soap, you can create soaps at home and add a few drops of essential oil in it.
What are the advantages of using this essential oil?
When you create Lavender or Tea Tree oil at home you enjoy these benefits which are:
• Lavender Essence Oil Benefits
1. Removes stress and anxiety from your body.
2. Helps you to sleep.
3. Relieves paints of your joints.
4. Keeps your scalp and skin free from lice.
5. Regulates your blood circulation.
6. Quickly solves respiratory problems.
• Tea Tree Oil
1. It can be used on your feet and has anti fungal features.
2. Can be used as an antiseptic for creams and burns.
3. Clears chest congestion.
4. Treats sinus problem quickly
5. Cures dandruff problems in hair.
When you take time and learn how to make these essential oils at home you save a lot of money. If you love making them you can start a small home based business and you would have large customers coming to you in no time. You can also get into an affiliate program of the bigger brands if you don’t like to create your own goods. The benefit from this is that you get a small commission if you sell one bottle. Great thing to sell to your aunt huh? And they don’t even lose money on you.
If you created several oils at home you can make your own recipes for different purposes. Skincare, health balance or just to relax, everything is possible with essential oils. Usually where doctors stop the natural path continues with home remedies. One of them are these beloved oils to enrich your life. Use them with care, because the oils are highly concentrated, especially if you buy them (for the lazy people). After all im encouraging to produce it at your own windowsill with benefits that there is absolutely no chemicals and bad things involved.